Pogo 40S2 description
At Structures, ocean racing is on our DNA. Our boatyard started the line with the Pogo 6.50, then the Pogo 2, winner of every Transat 6.50 since 1997. Our first Class40, the Pogo 40 won the Route du Rhum in 2006 and the Quebec-St-Malo in 2008. Our new Class40, The Pogo 40S², inherits this line. To comply with the evolution of the rule and the needs of the skippers, we have conceived, with the help of Finot-Conq Architects, a race boat without limitations. Already the results are there : the first four Pogo 40S² built finished in the first seven in the Route du Rhum 2010, Nicolas Troussel taking 2nd place on the podium. In 2011, The Pogo 40S² took the first two places in the Record SNSM and The SablesHorta race.
The Pogo 40S² has all the attributes of a modern race boat
– A powerful hull with accentuates chine, faster in all conditions
– Efficient appendages, result of latest hydrodynamic research.
– Ergonomic cockpit, protected by a rigid sprayhood and backrests allowing the helmsman to stay dry for long periods.
– Twin tillers, which help downwind control, reduce weight and provide a back-up.
– A single companionway as on the latest IMOCA 60 S, aids lightness and helps sail changing.
– A bright, spartan interior optimized for shifting ballast.